Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Website and Back to School!

Ellie is back to her weekly formal training classes tomorrow. She's moving up from the KC Good Citizen Bronze scheme, to the KC Good Citizen Silver Level 3 scheme, as the trainer thinks that the bronze will now be too easy for Ellie. All things considered, I agree. It's better that she is kept challenged, and she can only get that by working above her current skill levels.

This course also introduces agility, obedience, and heel-work to music. Personally, I can't stand the thought of the latter, but Jan is all for it, and she'll be doing it. I find the notion of dancing with one's dog quite beyond bizarre. As a man, I struggle to dance with another human being, let alone with a dog!

As Jan is now a volunteer for the training school, all of Ellie's lessons will be free of charge. But, what I find more valuable, is that Jan will be able to take Ellie along to different classes when she is volunteering, and so Ellie will get a much wider experience of other dogs and situations.

In other news, I purchased a new domain and hosting for a new dog-related website that I've been planning for a while now. It will relate more to a British audience. More details of that will follow as I progress with it. I'm currently working on the design.

1 comment:

Xsara and Tani said...

That's so cool, I want to volunteer for your training school, too!!!!

Congrats on moving up to a more difficult scheme, I agree it's good to have challenges ahead of you. I'm sure you'll do fine :)